Call for Papers: The Role of Logic in the Natural Sciences: Perspectives from Category Theory
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- the categorification of mathematics and physics;
- the internal logic of physical theories (topoi, the logic of quantum mechanics);
- universal logic and its relevance for the methodology of science;
- ontology (category theory as a network ontology, substantivalism, relationism);
- structuralism in the philosophy of mathematics and physics;
- traditional philosophical issues viewed from the perspective of category theory (the existence of mathematical objects, access to mathematical objects, intuition, the everyday practice(s) of mathematics);
- the foundations of mathematics (category theory and the foundations of mathematics, homotopy type theory, univalent foundations);
- the history of category theory.
Abstract submission deadline: 12th October, 2019.
Notification of acceptance: 19th October, 2019.
Conference: 7th-9th November, 2019.
Full paper submission deadline: 31st December, 2019.
The proceedings of the conference will be published as a special issue of the periodical Philosophical Problems in Science (Zagadnienia Filozoficzne w Nauce).
More information on website: https://23kmc.copernicuscenter.edu.pl/call-for-papers/